Getting your own Genome
You can get the whole genetic map and sequences of you. It means that you can store nearly everything about your genetic information in a PC.
However, the price for now it too high. By 2012, the price will go down to around $1,000 USD.
The steps are:
1) Take small amount of blood from your body
2) Do sequencing after amplifying the amount of genetic material (i.e., your genome parts)
3) Assemble all the genetic parts of your genome
4) Store the information in such a way that bioinformaists can analyze hundreds of aspects of your genome.
5) Applying bioinformatics software to find interesting things such as relatedness, geneology, disease susceptability, and visualizing the whole genome.
6) Finding critical information on